Nursing can be a challenge, especially in those first couple weeks, but our Breastfeeding Guide can help ease your mind, and your baby’s tummy.
- Avoid Citrus– Citric Acid, found in fruits, tomato products, peanuts and even ketchup can effect a nursing baby.
- Take A Break From Coke– Avoid soft drinks, coffee and tea because they can also produce tummy pains.
- Gassy Vegetables– Gassy vegetables are fermenting foods and can be tough on an immature tummy. Please avoid- Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage, Onion, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cucumbers/Pickles and Asparagus.
- 48 Hours Before Session- If your infant has experienced gas, we recommend these slight restrictions 48 hours before your session. This will help ensure that your baby will be comfortable throughout the session.
- Check With Your Pediatrician- Every baby is different, so please consult your physician before changing your diet in a drastic way.